- Academy Award nominee Bill Nighy and rising teen actor Roman Griffin Davis are set to co-star in the road movie ‘500 Miles’ directed by BAFTA Award-winning director Morgan Matthews.
- The drama, produced by Origin Pictures, Port Pictures, and Minnow Films, has acquired international sales rights by Beta Cinema and will be launched at the EFM.
- Nighy will play the grandfather of a young runaway portrayed by Davis, who made history in 2019 as the youngest ever Golden Globe nominee for his performance in Taika Waititi’s World War II satire ‘Jojo Rabbit’.
- The film follows a broken family forced to come together when sixteen-year-old Finn (Davis) and his energetic younger brother Charlie run away from trouble at home in England to reach their estranged grandfather (Nighy) on Ireland’s stunning and wild west coast.
- The script, written by award-winning writer Malcolm Campbell and based on the 2018 novel ‘Charlie and Me’ by Mark Lowery, will be directed by Morgan Matthews, known for his previous works such as ‘X+Y’ and the sports documentary ‘Williams’.
- The project is being prepared to shoot in Kerry, Ireland later in 2024.
Acclaimed actor Bill Nighy and promising young talent Roman Griffin Davis are teaming up for the upcoming road movie ‘500 Miles’ directed by Morgan Matthews. The film, which has garnered attention with its international sales rights acquisition by Beta Cinema, promises an emotional and humorous journey through the stunning landscapes of the UK and Ireland. With Nighy’s established acting prowess and Davis’ breakout performance in ‘Jojo Rabbit’, audiences can expect a captivating cinematic experience.
A Stellar Cast and Director
In ‘500 Miles’, Bill Nighy takes on the role of the grandfather, while Roman Griffin Davis portrays the young runaway. Nighy, known for his diverse range of roles including an Oscar-nominated performance in ‘Living’, brings his talent and experience to the film. Davis, who made history as the youngest Golden Globe nominee for his role in ‘Jojo Rabbit’, has proven his ability to portray deep character roles with a unique sense of humor. Under the direction of BAFTA Award-winning director Morgan Matthews, whose previous works include ‘X+Y’ and the sports documentary ‘Williams’, ‘500 Miles’ is set to captivate audiences with its compelling storytelling and stunning visuals.
A Heartfelt Story of Family
‘500 Miles’ follows the journey of a broken family as they come together in the face of adversity. Sixteen-year-old Finn, played by Roman Griffin Davis, and his lively younger brother Charlie run away from their troubles in England to find their estranged grandfather, portrayed by Bill Nighy, on Ireland’s breathtaking west coast. The film explores themes of love, redemption, and the bond between family members. With its mix of heartwarming moments and humorous encounters, ‘500 Miles’ promises to be a moving and unforgettable cinematic experience.
An Emotional Road Trip
The road trip aspect of ‘500 Miles’ serves as a backdrop to the emotional journey of the characters. As Finn and Charlie embark on their adventure, they encounter the stunning landscapes of the UK and Ireland, providing a visually captivating experience for audiences. The film takes viewers on a rollercoaster of emotions, combining moments of laughter, heartache, and self-discovery. Through the lens of director Morgan Matthews, ‘500 Miles’ offers escapism while resonating with international audiences of all ages.
With the announcement of Bill Nighy and Roman Griffin Davis as the lead actors in the road movie ‘500 Miles’, excitement is building for this highly anticipated film. The collaboration between these talented actors, along with the direction of Morgan Matthews, promises a compelling and emotional cinematic experience. Audiences can look forward to a heartfelt story of family, stunning visuals of the UK and Ireland, and performances that are sure to leave a lasting impression. ‘500 Miles’ is set to be a must-watch film that will resonate with viewers around the world.