- Nancy Kanter, a veteran in kids programming, is relaunching her production company, Available Light Productions, after her three-year overall deal at Netflix.
- The company already has several projects in the works, including the live-action movie “Wayward Girls,” the animated movie “Penny Phantom,” the animated movie “The Circus Ship,” and the animated preschool comedy series “Alexander the Post Fox” in partnership with Kevin Jonas.
- Kanter’s projects are expected to be taken to the broader kids, family, and general audience market.
- Kanter also has animated and live-action projects in development at Netflix, spanning across different demographics.
- After leaving Netflix, Kanter is excited to find new homes for her series and movies and continue developing material that appeals to broad audiences.
- Prior to her time at Netflix, Kanter spent 20 years at Disney, where she was responsible for hit franchises such as “Doc McStuffins,” “Sofia the First,” and “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.”
After her successful three-year overall deal at Netflix, Nancy Kanter, a renowned figure in kids programming, is relaunching her production company, Available Light Productions. With several exciting projects already in the works, Kanter is set to make a significant impact in the industry once again.
New Projects in Development
Available Light Productions has an impressive lineup of original series and movies in development. Kanter, along with the company’s Head of Development, William Goldberg, is shepherding these projects to reach a wider audience, including kids, families, and general viewers.
The projects include:
A coming-of-age dramedy, “Wayward Girls” features an original screenplay by Kristin Belka Maier, known for her work on “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” The movie will be directed by Kimberly McCullough, who has made a name for herself with her work on “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.”
“Penny Phantom” is an animated fantasy comedy adventure based on Margaret Owen’s novel, “Little Thieves.” The screenplay for the movie is written by Diana McCorry, known for her work on “Human Kind” and “Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time.” Daron Nefcy, the creator of “Star vs The Forces of Evil,” is attached to direct.
The Circus Ship
In partnership with Trustbridge Entertainment, Available Light Productions is developing “The Circus Ship,” an animated adventure comedy based on the best-selling picture book by Chris Van Dusen. The screenplay for the movie is written by Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken, known for their work on “My Little Pony,” “The Power Puff Girls,” and “Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends.”
Alexander the Post Fox
Created by Amy Higgins, known for her work on “Wander Over Yonder” and “Star vs the Forces of Evil,” the animated preschool comedy series “Alexander the Post Fox” is a collaboration between Available Light Productions, Copper Cup Entertainment, and Kevin Jonas. The series is written by Amy Higgins and Brian Clark, known for their work on “Go, Dog, Go” and “Molly From Denali.”
Nancy Kanter’s relaunch of Available Light Productions marks an exciting new chapter in her career. With an impressive slate of projects in development and her extensive experience in kids programming, Kanter is poised to make a significant impact in the industry once again. As she moves forward, Kanter’s passion for developing material that speaks to broad audiences in surprising and authentic ways will undoubtedly continue to shine through.