- Former COO of Meta and founder of LeanIn.org, Sheryl Sandberg, is presenting a documentary titled “Screams Before Silence” that sheds light on the sexual atrocities committed by Hamas on October 7.
- The documentary, produced by Kastina Communications, will focus on the brutal gender-based violence inflicted upon women and girls who were raped, assaulted, and mutilated during the Hamas attack at the Supernova Music Festival.
- Sandberg will conduct interviews with released hostages, eyewitnesses, first responders, and medical and forensic experts to explore why leading figures have attempted to minimize these attacks despite overwhelming evidence.
- In November, Sandberg penned a CNN op-ed condemning the use of rape as an act of war and has since been actively advocating for justice for the victims.
- International distribution for the documentary is currently being discussed, and it is being funded by philanthropists Carol and Joey Low.
Sheryl Sandberg, the former COO of Meta and founder of LeanIn.org, is taking on a new role as the presenter of a groundbreaking documentary. Titled “Screams Before Silence,” the documentary delves into the sexual atrocities committed by Hamas during a brutal attack on October 7. This one-hour documentary, produced by Kastina Communications, aims to shed light on the gender-based violence inflicted upon women and girls who were raped, assaulted, and mutilated during the horrific event.
Uncovering the Truth
Sandberg’s documentary will feature interviews with released hostages and eyewitnesses who experienced the terrifying Hamas attack firsthand. By speaking to these individuals, Sandberg hopes to uncover the truth behind the rampant sexual violence that occurred during the assault. Additionally, she will engage with first responders, medical experts, and forensic specialists to gain further insights into the extent of the atrocities committed.
A Call for Justice
One of the central questions that Sandberg aims to address in the documentary is why many leading figures have attempted to downplay or minimize the attacks on women, despite the overwhelming evidence proving their occurrence. Sandberg has been a vocal advocate for justice since November when she penned an op-ed for CNN condemning the use of rape as an act of war. She has also spoken at the UN alongside witnesses from the October 7 attack and met with government leaders in the UK, France, and Germany, urging the international community to investigate Hamas’ crimes as crimes against humanity.
Production and Distribution
“Screams Before Silence” is currently in production and is set to be released in April. The documentary is being produced with funding from philanthropists Carol and Joey Low, who have been instrumental in supporting projects that raise awareness of important social issues. Discussions regarding international distribution of the documentary are underway, highlighting the global interest in bringing attention to the sexual violence committed by Hamas.
Sheryl Sandberg’s involvement in the documentary “Screams Before Silence” brings much-needed attention to the sexual atrocities committed by Hamas during the October 7 attack. Through interviews with survivors, first responders, and experts, this documentary aims to shine a light on the horrific gender-based violence inflicted upon women and girls. Sandberg’s advocacy for justice and accountability sends a powerful message, demanding that the tormentors and rapists be held responsible for their crimes against humanity. As the release of the documentary approaches, it is essential to support and share this important piece of work that aims to bring about awareness and change.